In a reflective essay, an essay writer primarily introduces his or her life experiences in a form of reflection. The purpose of writing a reflective essay is to provide a platform to the author for not only recounting a particular life experience but also to explore how he or she has changed or learned from the experiences. Reflective writing can be presented in various formats, but you’ll most often see it in a “learning log format” or “diary entry”. Diary entries in particular are used to convey how the author’s thoughts have developed over the passing of a particular time period.
The format of a reflective essay may change depending on the target audience. Reflective essays can be academic or may feature more broadly as a part of a general piece of writing for a magazine, for instance. For class assignments, while the presentation format can vary, the purpose generally remains the same. Teachers try to inspire students to think deeply and critically about a particular learning experience or set of experiences. Or you must consult an essay writing service now.
In a reflective essay, you need to express your thoughts and emotions about certain events. Writing this type of essay provides training to sharpen your critical thinking skills, as well as your ability to develop and express opinions on particular topics, which are either chosen by yourself or assigned by your teacher.
The following guidelines can prove to be of great importance as you write down your reflective essay.
· Think of an event that could become the topic of your essay. When you have chosen an event, ask yourself how you feel about it, how it affected (or did not affect) your life, and why? This will help you create a thesis, which will serve as the focal point of your essay.
· Write down your thesis and try to write your reflective essay around it. Now identify your main arguments and ideas which will support it and help readers follow the progress of your thoughts and experiences, group them into paragraphs which you will write later, and connect them to your central idea of the essay. Finally, decide on the logical sequence of these paragraphs and order them accordingly.
· Write a strong opening paragraph. Your introduction must be eye-catching, so the readers become engaged immediately.
· State your supporting arguments, ideas, and examples in the body paragraphs. Emphasize only one point or experience, as well as reflections on it, within each paragraph.
· In the first sentence of the conclusion, briefly summarize your thoughts. Think about what you have learned and how your experience might be useful to others. Finish your essay with a rhetorical question for your readers about how they might act in a similar situation. If in case you are unable to manage it on your own then you can ask any expert writing service provider to write my essay, I assure you that you will be getting quality content. I personally used this service to get my essay done.
Carefully select the topic of your essay
Since writing a reflective essay supposes you will write about a personal experience, you can choose whatever event you like. It is almost like a diary, where you write down your thoughts about a significant happening in your life. It can be about reading a special book, a difficult situation you faced, a person you encountered—the main point is to state your opinion. For example, you can write about:
· A conversation when you became very angry.
· A time when you were disappointed or discouraged by something someone said.
· Watching the ocean with your feet buried in the sand.
· Looking at a sunset.
· Your room growing up, or your bedroom now.
· The town where you grew up.
· Holidays like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines, or Cinco de Mayo.
This guide will help you write a perfect reflective essay. Ask help from a paper writing service in case you are confused.
Exclusive access to the "WriteMyEssay" Learning Center. You’ll get weekly tips and tricks for improving your own writing and for achieving academic success through your writing.
"WriteMyEssay" is the #1 Ranked Online home for great academic writing, essays, research papers, and graduate theses.Why us?