20+ Thesis Statement Examples to Learn from Experts
A thesis statement is an account meant to be written at the end of the introduction. Therefore, it has to be after the background information on the given topic.
The thesis statement is related to the background of the topic through a transition. That transition could be a full sentence or a simple transition word, such as, therefore, because, but.
The base of an essay without a proper thesis statement is useless. On the other hand, a strong thesis statement is the primary support of a research paper or an article. It is composed of shreds of evidence that the writer uses to elaborate on the topic.
Each of these pieces of evidence is then discussed in each of the body paragraphs.
What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is generally a sentence or two that summarizes the main point that a particular research paper is working on in all academic writing types.
The thesis statement is usually located at the end of the introduction paragraph. This type of statement can be referred to as a roadmap, which guides the reader about the significant points discussed further in the paper.
Qualities of a Good Thesis Statement
A good thesis statement has the following qualities.
- It should have some pieces of evidence.
- It should be interesting.
- It should be composed.
- It should be easy to manage.
- It should have some arguments.
The importance of the thesis statement is immense. That is why it must have all the standard qualities. For an effective thesis statement, it is necessary to choose words wisely and use them properly in the appropriate place.
Elements of a Thesis Statement
To get a solid thesis statement to support your paper, incorporate all of the following elements in it.
- The central idea of your paper
- Why do you support that idea
- Point of argument
- Valid information
It is important to mention that there is no universal thesis statement formula as every writing assignment requires a different approach. In some cases, you will have to include counterarguments, and in others, presenting your point of view solely will suffice.
Strong Thesis Statement Examples for Research Paper
A research paper is an academic work that focuses on analyzing and expressing the main idea in an organized fashion. To do this effectively, you can refer to these best thesis statement examples for research papers.
- International companies having their factories in developing countries provide thousands of people with work and stable income. The question of ethics should not stand in the way of helping those people to survive.
- School uniforms work perfectly for erasing the difference in families’ income levels and can always be individualized by the students to express their creativity.
- The period of paid maternity leave should increase up to 2 years. After that, a woman should get a salary from the government while staying with children at home.
Good Thesis Statement Examples for Essays
Here we have gathered some good and helpful thesis statement examples for you.
Examples include thesis statements of various types of essays to help make this task easy for you.
The following are examples just for your convenience and to make you understand things better.
Thesis Statement Examples for Informative Essay
Refer to the following informative thesis statement examples for some great ideas.
- Africa is a misunderstood continent, especially when it comes to native cultures and traditions.
- Termites make a good alternative for animal proteins and would go a long way in managing food shortages in the world.
Thesis Statement Examples for Expository Essay
Here are some excellent expository essay thesis statement examples for your help. These statements will give you the framework and ideas to complete any paper in style.
- The life of a typical high school student is distinguished by time studying, attending classes, and participating in other peer activities.
- The US spends more time on its military budget than all the other industrialized countries combined.
Argumentative Thesis Statement Examples
Here are some argumentative thesis statements examples. With the help of these, you can create an interesting and engaging argumentative essay.
- Encouraging children to get good grades by paying them can be a model of the real-world situation. If you work hard and get good results, you will get paid accordingly. Therefore, this way of encouragement is acceptable and can be used by parents.
- The greatest value we have is human life. If testing a new drug on a cute little rabbit could result in saving your mother or father from a terminal illness, then this is the sacrifice we need to make. Animal testing can lead to a healthier future, less incurable diseases, and more saved lives.
Thesis Statement Examples for Analytical Essay
The following analytical thesis statement examples will help you figure out how to end an introductory paragraph.
- The success of any tennis player depends on their physical, mental, and emotional skills.
- The popularity of creative professions in the 21st century can be explained by the possibility of making robots do hard routine tasks.
- The phenomenon of a caste system in India was introduced to take the local populations under control.
Thesis Statement Examples for Narrative Essay
- Though the idea of studying abroad seems a costly option, the experience of interacting with other cultures and different learning approaches is worth it.
- There is nothing wrong with who chooses not to have children, and society has to understand that. However, it is not about other’s beliefs but her time and life that are at stake.
Compare and Contrast Thesis Statement Examples
The following compare and contrast thesis statement examples will help you understand how to create a perfect thesis statement.
- Although Vaughana Feary and Edmund Wall both consider harassment an unbidden statement, their ideas are not similar in several other points, which makes the scholars view cases of sexual harassment differently.
- While bears and bats appear to have not been common at first glance, they are notably similar in their hibernation habits and species classifications.
Persuasive Essay Thesis Statement Examples
These persuasive thesis statement examples can help you understand how to present your main idea of the essay.
- Baseball is a way more exciting, revitalizing, and captivating sport played between two opposing teams.
- Jelly and bean sandwiches are the best type of sandwiches because they are easy to make, handle, and taste good.
Best Thesis Statement Examples on Different Subjects and Papers
The following is a list of good examples of thesis statements for different subjects and papers.
Thesis Statement Examples for Article Critique
- The concept of family is often the central topic in many of the world’s literature masterpieces.
- The effects of global warming become more visible every year and can lead to the distinction of species.
- With the development of the digital era, advertisers focus on online ads ignoring the effects of outdoor advertising.
Thesis Statement Examples History
- There are many causes for world war 1; the main factor was the new definition of nationalism and a slight upward trend in technology development.
- The US clash with the Soviets was an important factor in the decision of Trump to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
Thesis Statement for Racism
- Females are subject to discrimination within the workplace. However, racism is still a serious issue as whites are considered more mentally superior, which means they get top-ranked jobs with high pay. On the other hand, blacks are known for their physicality, meaning they get physical jobs, most of which pay less.
- One was imprisoned for almost half his life while the other was brutally assassinated. But, all in all, what’s clear is that the policies, beliefs, and works of Nelson Mandela and Rev. Martin Luther King Junior have contributed greatly to the egalitarian society that we currently enjoy. Because of them, blacks and whites can now walk freely together on the streets and interact with each other as they look to build a brighter future.
Thesis Statement Examples for Position Paper
- If the universities with a long history will not adapt to the modern educational system, online education will take over most world countries.
- Despite the protests, women’s objectification remains one of the central problems of the perception of female beauty.
- Higher education will be replaced by online courses and seminars shortly and blacks because it is a more effective approach.
- There should be no controversy in terms of a gay character appearing in Disney movies.
Tips for Writing a Perfect Thesis Statement
Below are some great tips to help you write a perfect thesis statement
- Get Familiar with Your Topic
The topic should be something you are familiar with or can learn about. It is tough to create a thesis statement on a topic about which you have little knowledge. Reflecting on personal experience and/or conducting research will help you learn more about your topic.
- Limit Your Topic
Limit your topic to a certain area based on what you know and the length of your final paper. Because broad scope will often need a lengthier paper, a shorter paper will adequately prove a narrow scope.
- Brainstorm Your Topic
If you're having difficulties starting your paper or composing your thesis, grab a paper and jot down anything that comes to mind regarding your topic.
Did you come across any fresh ideas or connections? Can you categorize any of the items you scribbled down? Do you notice any recurring themes? Then, consider using the ideas generated during this process to help shape your thesis statement and your paper.
Get Professional Thesis Statement Written By Professionals
The thesis statement is a statement of facts for your research paper. For any research paper or essay you are assigned, you will need to write a thesis statement for it.
Writing is no doubt a tricky part, but it is not something impossible. If you still can not take the risk of creating it for yourself and are afraid that you're going to end up making a weak thesis statement, then seek help from professionals.
At WriteMyEssay.help, we have highly qualified and skilled writers. You just need to tell them your topic, and they will write the perfect thesis statement for you.
Place your order now, and our customer support team will get right back to you.
Cathy has been a trusted source of high-quality writing for more than five years. With her in-depth knowledge of mass communication from her Master's degree, she always produces work that meets the needs of her clients. In fact, they often leave her 5-star reviews for being an outstanding writer who is very passionate about their craft.